What’s for dinner? The dreaded question.
I am a busy mama. It’s can be rough around here with meal planning. But I refuse to give up and we do not eat fast food or processed food. Here is a simple Cowboy Salad recipe that is a crowd pleaser and will save your sanity. It can be used as a side to Taco Tuesday or Wednesday Quesadillas (just made that up! I know, it doesn’t rhyme.) Or it can be a meal in itself. Bonus: It is gluten-free and dairy free!
Cowboy Salad Recipe
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 2 cups organic non-gmo frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can organic black beans, bpa-free cans only. avoid cans when possible.
- 2 cups organic, non-GMO frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup organic red onion (soak in apple cider vinegar for 5 min after chopping to take the bite away)
- 1 cup fresh salsa or chopped organic tomatoes
- few sprigs of cilantro
- 1 juice of a lime
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all veggies
- Mix all ingredients
- Add avocado or guacamole, rotisserie chicken, black rice, basmati rice, chickpeas as desired
I would love your feedback on this!
In Good Health, Dr. Ana-Maria