Pumpkin pie, one of the great American traditions. While delicious, many ingredients in common items used to make it contain harsh chemicals. This Thanksgiving, try out this alternative recipe instead. Same great taste without all of the toxic ingredients.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin (not the mix)
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk or half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pie crust
- Heat oven to 425F
- In a large bowl, mix filling ingredients and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours
- Serve with homemade whipped cream or refrigerate until serving time.
Click Here to Download the Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD
Best-Selling Book: Healthy Kids In An Unhealthy World
My Holistic Allergy-Friendly Breakfast + Lunch Guides
Holistic Kid’s Guide: A Parent’s Guide To Raising Healthier Kids
Podcast Feature: Start a Family Food Revolution with Dr. Ana-Maria Temple