Most parents try to eat healthy and kids end up with foods, like pasta with butter, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, etc. Eating the family meal teaches kids to eat veggies, fruits and proteins. The kids should not be taught that they have the power over what they eat, the parents do. If you give them the power at dinner, it will translate into other areas in their lives. No one has the time or energy to create a buffet service every night. Quesadillas are a quick and easy option that the whole family will enjoy!
- Tortillas (I recommend Xtreme Wellness, High Fiber Low Carb)
- Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- Organic Mexican Cheese
- Guacamole (smashed avocado sprinkled with lime juice and salt)
- Red Peppers
- Sour Cream (organic, full fat)
- Layer tortillas with chicken and cheese
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side
- Add other ingredients of choice (corn, red peppers, sour cream, salsa, etc.)
- Enjoy your quesadillas!
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD