One of John and my favorite foods used to be pizza. But once I realized I had a severe gluten intolerance (and John had dairy issues), pizza lost its sizzle for us.
However, gluten free crusts and dairy free cheeses have come a long way over the past few years. Another bonus – kids love to help making pizza. So have them as part of the team, and choose whichever options work for your family.
- flat bread or naan bread (Banza or Mybread for gluten / dairy free)
- organic marinara sauce
- mild Italian sausage
- shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese (Violife and Follow Your Heart for dairy free)
- Layer flat bread or naan bread with marinara sauce
- Layer cheese
- Layer sausage and diced pepperoni
- Bake on Heated Pizza Stone or Cookie Sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or to desired crispiness
- Add side salad or side fruit salad
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD