Our family has established Monday night as soup night. At the beginning of a busy week, it’s nice to have this decision already made. The leftover soup comes in handy for snacks or lunch for the rest of the week.
This a soup I was able to get every child to eat consistently. Hope your kids will love it too!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 – 8
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 or 3 Yukon gold potatoes
- Arrowroot powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt to taste
- Cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side
- Chop onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, and mince garlic
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery in butter.
- Add arrowroot powder to sauteed veggies.
- In a separate pot, warm up garlic, potatoes, peas, corn, bone broth, cream, chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Combine sauteed mixture with the ingredients in the separated pot.
- Simmer until potatoes are soft.
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD