Our family has established Monday night as soup night. At the beginning of a busy week it’s nice to have this decision already made. The leftover soup comes in handy for snacks or lunch the rest of the week.
We often pair the soup with a sandwich, but this soup is a meal on its own. It’s also the only soup I have gotten my youngest child to eat consistently. Hope your kids will love it too!
Plant points: 2 (To increase plant points – of add 2 cups frozen mixed veggies. Add these at the same time as the noodles)
- 8 cups bone broth
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 celery sticks diced
- 3 squares of ramen noodles (organic, real ingredients)
- 2 cups leftover chicken diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a gentle boil
- Add celery and carrots
- Boil 7 min
- Add ramen squares, frozen veggies and continue gentle boil 3 min
- Turn heat off allow noodles to sit in there 3 more min
- Add diced chicken.
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD