We have been in New Zealand for 3 days and all I can find is jarred Old El Passo Salsa at the grocery stores. No thanks. I guess there isn’t a huge Latino influence down here in the South Pacific.
So I rolled up my sleeves and got to work on a Salsa recipe that I can make in any country, any time. My family loves salsa and its a fantastic snack for any time of the day.
- 1 Container of grape tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander (New Zealand for cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse garlic and onion
- Add halved tomatoes, lime juice, coriander (cilantro), salt and pulse to desired consistency
- Yield 1.5 cups of Salsa
- Calorie Count – no one cares!! It’s all fresh goodness.
- Pair with chips or quesadillas. Mix with avocado to make smashing good guacamole.
- Prep time – 10 min at the most. Most of the time, I spent looking up variations of the recipe I would like to make.