I absolutely love these pesto turkey burgers for a couple reasons. First, the strong basil taste of the pesto allows me to sneak all sorts of veggies into the patties without hearing complaints from my pickier eaters.
My youngest is like Sherlock Holmes finding any green veggies and pointing them out in my dishes. The pesto disguises the diced zucchini and saves me the pain of convincing him to eat it. Win win for us!
- 1lb ground organic turkey
- 1 diced small zucchini
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Mix all of the ingredients above
- Form patties or press in burger maker (I make 1/2 lb burgers, so 2 burgers per 1 lb of meat)
- Freeze it 1 hr or more (it grills better and doesn’t fall through the slats)
- Grill it
- Add cheese
- Serve it with favorite toppings
- Add side of fruit, salad, or corn on the cob
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD