Chili is an underutilized dish! Tons of veggies can be added and hidden from the most discriminating tastebuds. Photo Courtesy of www.finecooking.com.
Skin health comes from within. Skin cells die off every 10-30 days. So basically every month you get the chance to create clean, beautiful, radiant, young looking skin. However, you must feed your body a rainbow of veggies for strong and resilient skin cell. You feed your body sugar, fast food, and garbage – – – – well your skin will sag, acne will haunt you, and wrinkles will appear prematurely. Aim for 8-13 servings of fruits and veggies a day. Your skin will thank you.
- One 29–oz can tomatoes, cut up.
- One 10 – oz canned chopped tomatoes and green chilies peppers.
- 2 C vegetable juice or tomato juice ( I use my own homemade bloody Mary mix).
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chili powder.
- 1 TSP ground cumin.
- 1 TSP dried oregano.
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 3 garlic cloves minced.
- 1.5 pounds of organic grass beef, chicken, turkey, port (omit if vegetarian)
- 0.5 pound Italian sausage. (omit if vegetarian)
- 2 C chopped onion,
- 1.5 C chopped celery.
- 1 C chopped green pepper,
- 1 C frozen corn
- 1 C chopped carrots
- One 15 – oz can of black beans
- One 15 oz can of chili beans.
- add more colorful beans if skipping the meat.
Put all of it in crock pot, Low Setting 8hrs.
Top with your faves – avocado, cheese, sour cream, jalapeneos
Money Saving Tips. Time Saving Tips:
- buy cans when they are on sale.
- Chop extra vegetables and freeze for later use.
- clean and freeze garlic cloves for later use
- buy minced/ground meat when on sale and freeze
Healthy skin comes from within, Ana-Maria Tempe MD